SME Go Digital grant was announced in 2017, with a budget of 80 million
Leoacle Consulting has been working with various businesses on digital transformation by providing them insights on the requirement. Digitalisation is a complicated task and many potential problems could arise from the gaps. Interested parties should work with a qualified digital business consultant to avoid complications. Contact us for a discussion to know more.
This is an initiative from the Singapore government to help local companies to improve their business capabilities by leveraging on technology. The scheme subsidies part of the cost for acquisition, training and consulting. Applicants would have to work with pre-selected vendors on the implementation.
Depending on the current level of technical competencies in the company, and skillsets. SME Go Digital was designed to meet the needs of small business. This scheme supports 4 different categories each design with a different focus. Summary of the scheme could be shown from the chart below.
SME Go Digital grant evolved from a previously known
1. Industrial Digital Plan (IDP) – Guide on digital solution and training for each stage of business growth. IDP would provide a recommendation on information technology software and infrastructure road map for the industry and development from phrase to phrase.
- Environmental Services
- Food Services
- Logistics Industry
- Retail Industry
- Security Industry
- Wholesale Trade
It is interesting to note that above all the industries given above, the Wholesale industry has interesting attention. According to IMDA release, there are signs and hints given on creation of B2B market place. Currently, there is a release of B2B seafood e-market factsheet. You could expect more B2B effort soon but personally, I have mixed feelings on this national platform. Small business usually can’t survive in
2. Pre-approved Solutions – Pre-approved software solutions package for purchase with up to 70% support on
3. Consultancy Services (SME Digital Tech Hub) – Expert advice from experience tech consultants to deep dive into the business need for digital transformation. They are equipped with a wide spectrum of knowledge in digital technology. You might want to have a discussion with them to understand the technology landscape before embarking on any project.
4. Project Management Services Working with project managers with expertise to support the implementation of technology. Project managers have two roles in assisting the respective businesses.
- They would certify, train and mentor experience Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs).
- Works with businesses to implement pre-approved software.
This makes me wonder how hard it could be to install
This a good imitative created to help businesses to create a technology backbone for the company. It is
If you have some basic level of tech knowledge and would like to implement you own digital transformation. You could still utilise the resources below.
Enterprise Development Grant (EDG)– funding up to 70% project cost for customerised digital information technology solution. It
Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG) – the scheme funds up to 70% for pre-approved solutions. You could find the latest listing from Tech hub.
Government grants for Singapore business – a directory for this existing page where you could learn more all about the grants.